Phoenix Fitness and Training is searching for people interested in racing and riding with Phoenix Fitness and Training in 2022. All ability and fitness levels are welcome. The only requirement is that you love to ride your bike. Even though we have open membership, we are looking to build the competitive side to our men’s and women’s race team for 2022.
The current cycling team membership is made up of Category 3, 4 and 5 level racers and Masters racers. The team targets event in the midwest region with many races in Indianapolis, St Louis, Kentuckey, Illinois and Ohio. The Mass Ave and Indy Crit weekend is always a big focus along with other local events including racing at the Major Taylor Velodrome.
There are three requirements to become a member of the Phoenix Cycling Team:
- Pay an annual membership fee of $50
- Purchase any desired Team Kit items at either the Winter or Spring order
- be willing to help out/volunteer at at least one community event.
With membership, there are a number of benefits:
- Access to expert mentors, race strategy development and guided training advice
- Practices focused on drafting, cornering and sprinting
- Camaraderie, team events and rides
- Invite to all Club parties and celebrations